October 31, 2010

We are getting ready!

Here I am getting ready for another 18thc. Christmastide in our 1700's home~
We have made all our fresh garlands by ourselves with greens, holly, and tiny apples all from our own yard. We have baked and cooked and decorated our rooms with more greens, candles, and fruit. We are lighting fires and dressing in several period outfits. We have been having a wonderful time taking pictures and putting together this year's Christmas gallery~
OUR 2010 '17TH AND 18THC NEW ENGLAND CHRISTMASTIDE PHOTO GALLERY' WILL BE UP ON OUR WEBSITE ON THANKSGIVING EVENING.

(Our gallery is only up for a short time. We put up new galleries periodically to reflect our "18thc. adventures" and our life in a period house in New England. We hope you will continue to visit our website and to enjoy our various galleries~)






5 comments:

  1. My Dear Mary,

    It seems I have fallen into the habit of visiting your site for my "daily fix". Like so many, I look forward to your recollections and the pleasure of sharing in your life. Thank you for these gifts.

    Affectionately,

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Mare,
    Your blog is a most wonderful interval of peace for me. You just can't know how much I look forward to reading it. And, today I have been wandering around in past entries you have made, they are as special now as when you entered them.

    Your recipe's are wonderful and I have tried to write each of them down as you post them. Here are a few receipts that I have used in my fireplace. They are mostly from the Deerfield magazine, and some friends in Ft. Worth have come a time or two to spend a day cooking and preparing with me. I hope there is something here that will please you.

    The weather is beautiful ~ cool nights and moderate days. I so look forward to the time when I can plan my days sewing, cooking, gardening and visiting with you. It will come.

    Take care, and remember that I love you, Adam and the little girls.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE ABOVE COMMENT WAS SENT TO ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS. THANK
    YOU SO MUCH, PENNY DEAR~MARE

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hey, I want to see more!!! Looks pretty. Love, Barb"

    This comment was sent to my email~
    Thanks Barb! We hope you love it as much as we loved putting it all together!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barb and Penny,
    Thank you so much for the lovely words...
    I can't wait for you both to see our Christmastide Gallery, and to talk to you as well.
    Lots of love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete